- Old Ghost Road over Easter: an epic mountain biking trip with Mum, Dad and James, a seriously unforgettable weekend on the bike.
- Creating my blog: After pondering, brainstorming and researching for months on end, I finally started my blog. I’ve loved writing and photographing for it. Although I took an unintentional hiatus for several months due to no computer, I’ve loved coming back to it and can’t wait to continue to write and make content for my blog next year.
- 2 weeks in Rome: Rome was the first city we really truly explored, James’ love for Ancient Roman history and classics, meant we needed a fair amount of time to explore Rome, and it was totally worth it. Rome was amazing, and will always hold a special place in my heart.
- Road tripping through Croatia: A crazy week driving on the right-hand side of the road, discovering national parks and crystal clear beaches, so much fun!
- Volunteering at Crankworx in Innsbruck: spending the days at the mountain bike park looking over beautiful Innsbruck and the surrounding mountains while watching insane mountain biking tricks right in front of you. A pretty sweet week, if you ask me!
- Visiting my amazing German exchange family and hanging out in Germany with them: Coming back to my exchange home in Germany, was so lovely. We had wonderful hospitality from my German fam and cannot wait to see them again in Feb!
- Exploring London in Autumn: I don’t think I’ve enjoyed Autumn more than in London. We spent most of our time in the many city parks chasing squirrels and kicking leaves. Such an amazing time.
2018 BUCKET LIST
We’ve visited some amazing places. We can’t wait to get out there again, here are some of the top cities/countries/places we want to visit in the coming year.
- Budapest, Hungary
- Lisbon, Portugal
- Just generally more mountain biking and tramping trips
- Carnival/Fasching time in Germany
I’ve been very lucky to have been able to do as much travel as I did in 2017. James was a pretty awesome travel buddy, always there to keep me calm and make me laugh. There were some unexpected bumps in the road, as any travellers would experience. But we’re still smiling and we’ll crack on!
Watch out 2018, we’re coming for ya!